Friday 13 November 2015

Solo Europe Trip Day 13 & 14 - Barcelona : Plaza Catalunya -> Palau Guell->La Rambla -> Casa Batllo -> Casa Milla -> Sagrada Familia

Day 13 :

Woke up very early and heading off to the airport again! Took the airport train at €8 ( SD$12.90 ) per ticket.



Get to watch the sunset in Santorini and now I get to watch the sun rise in Athens while on my way to airport! 
If you follow my blog, normally you only get to see my sunset picture instead of sun rise.. And the reason is nothing but... I can't wake up so early for sunrise! Haha! 

Arrive at airport and finally I get to have my breakfast and coffee! 

Taking Ryanair this time to Barcelona but had a short stop over at Italy, Milan. Ryanair is by far the best budget airline I have taken in Europe, with better service.

So I fly over to Milan to have my lunch and will fly to Barcelona after the lunch! ( haha... Sounds like those rich people who got too much money that they fly somewhere for lunch... But not for my case! ). Before my lunch, I have to get my luggage and re check in again. I thought normally for transit flight, we do not require to re check in right? It's my first time taking transit flight so I'm not too sure. 


Anyway, I had a super huge burger for lunch! But it's nice though and I'm super full now! 

A cup of nespresso to end the meal which is including in the set meal.


Here I'm at Barcelona! 

Got myself a return aero bus tickets at €10.20 ( SG$16.40 ). It's a open ticket so the return ticket can be use any day depending on when I'm coming back to the airport.


Great weather! I'm excited to explore this place! 

There is wifi on the bus! Anyway if you are getting the return tickets, remember not to lose it as they issue both together, and if you lost it, you got to buy another one way ticket.


Arrive at Plaza Catalunya, the central of Barcelona, where the famous Palau Guell, Casa Batllo, Casa Milla and La Rambla are all withing walking distance.

I just literally spend a good 5 mins watching the pigeon playing in the fountain! Haha! 

Oops! Is that my hotel? 

Saw a small information counter and people are queuing up to ask for some information so decided to ask the way to my apartment. The staff can speak a lot of language! 

With the help of the information counter staff, I found my apartment very easily.

Tada! My cute apartment! 

The kitchen.

Study area.

Check out the apartment :  https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/7357333

Since I have save a lot of time from finding the apartment, I decided to walk over to visit Palua Guell before it close. Before reaching, pass by a busy market selling lots of local food there. Not much time left so I will come back to this market in a later time if they are still open.



After about 10-15 mins walk, here I'm at one of the famous museum, Palau Güell ( which means Guell Palace in English ), which was built between 1886 to 1888, by one of the world famous architect, Antoni Gaudi. 

Operation Hours : 10am to 8pm ( Apr to Oct )
10am to 5.30 pm ( Nov to Mar )

Tickets are selling at 12€ ( SG$19.30 ).

Once I enter, the staff gave me a device so that I can follow the way and listen to the story. There are different languages to choose from, just tell the staff which language you want. 


That's how I listen to the story. Every area is indicated by numbers, so you just have to follow the number and press the number from the device and they will start to tell you the story of that particular area.

Sorry I will not explain much about the place cause it's way too much for me to absorb ( can't remember much as I'm not good with history! ). Haha! 
Visit if you are interested to know more!  


This is where they use to keep their horse. 













The main room is used to receive high society guests and the host could watch them from level 2 before going down to entertain the guest.

Here I'm at the last stop which is the roof top! So beautiful!







Sunset! Beautiful pink sky isn't it? 






La Rambla is one of the hip street in Barcelona with many brands there for shopping and of course many restaurant for dinner. My apartment is also located at this famous street! 

Thirsty after shopping? Don't worry, there is water at the road side but not very sure is that really drinkable!

Friends told me a lot about how dangerous is Barcelona but when I'm here, I see police everywhere! I feel so save here... I regret that I cut short my trip because of what others said! 

Night market? Haha! People selling stuff along the road side but once they see the police, they will wrap up everything and slowly walk away with a bag of stuff on their shoulder like the Santa! 

There you go, police again with just a few meters away from the first group I saw just now.


Went back to the Mercado de La Boqueria again to see what they have but most of the stall are close already, left with the front stall which are selling fruits and candies that are near the entrance are still open. 
Nothing to buy so off I go to hunt for my dinner!

Operating Hours : 8am to 8.30pm ( Close on Sun )

Not sure what is a must have in Barcelona but I see Paella everywhere so I decided to have it at this restaurant call Genove 1911.



Picking my 3 tapas as starter from the bar counter.


My Paella! Yummy! It's much better then I expected! 

Dessert time!



Day 14 :

Good morning! Wake up quite early trying to squeeze as many place as I can within a day because I will be leaving tomorrow.

First destination will be the Casa Batlló ( which means House of Bone ), a remodel of a apartment and was revamp by Gaudí in 1904. The location of Casa Batlló is about 20 mins walk from my apartment. Those who doesn't want to walk can just take the subway from Catalunya station to Pg.de Gracia station ( L3 line ), which is only 1 station away.  

Operation Hours : 9am - 9pm ( Last Admission 8pm )

Omg... Super long queue! Thinking I was quite early but there is a lot of people who is here queue even earlier! 

Tickets are selling at €21.50 ( SG$34.60 ).

Finally got my ticket!


Tour starts and this is my tour guide! Haha! Same as Palua Güell, everyone is given a device for the tour with your own language. 




People still queuing to come in.

I'm sorry again for not able to explain much about this building. I can't remember that much of things in my brain!






 
Feels like I have fallen into the 'Alice in the Wonderland'! 




The device will show you the past of the same spot you are standing at. 


This is Mr Antoni Guadí, the creator of all the unique building. I'm not a architect but his creation is quite interesting. Every part has it's function and meaning to it.


From the outside, I think I know why is it call the House of Bone. It really look like it is build by bones.

Learn from Guadí, make use of the sunlight ( to do selfie? )! Haha!

That will be my next destination! It's the Casa Milà which is just opposite Casa Batlló.

Before continuing, it's the lunch time! Saw this Samoa located at the same street at Casa Batlló, so I decided to have a try here. Too lazy to go far for lunch too. 



Good was ok, service wise is a bit slow maybe due to full house during lunch time. 

Walk across to Casa Milà after my lunch. Queuing game starts again.

Got my tickets after queueing for about 15 mins. Tickets are selling at €20.50 ( SG$33 ).

This is how Casa Milà look like from the ground floor lobby area. It is now still a apartment for residence and only a few level are used as museum.

Operation Hours : 9am - 8.30pm and 9pm to 11pm





 Very vintage type writer!

 And a very vintage telephone! Never seen such phone before!

There is a photo booth before you proceed to the roof top. They will tell you free photo with a digital background of the Casa Milà but when you bring your photo receipt to the collection point, they will tell you the free photo is free only after you purchase one photo from them and the second one then is free. 
No point for me so I skip the buying. I'm not those rich tourist anyway. No extra money for this kinda of thing. 

Why does all Gaudi's roof top look so stunning?! 

When I first walk in, I took the apartment from the ground floor and now I am taking from the roof top! It looks like the people are living in a hole! Haha! 


Off to my next destination after finish visiting the Casa Milà. Can't walk to my next destination but instead walk over to the Pg.De Gracia station and took the train.

 Bought the one way ticket at €2.15 ( SD$3.50 ) each.


Ta da! This is my next destination, the most famous church, Sagrada Família

Operating Hours : 9am - 6pm ( Nov - Feb )
9am - 7pm ( Mar & Oct )
9am - 8pm ( Apr - Sept )


Totally impress by the outlook of the building! ( unfilted photo here! )


There is certain time for us to go in and the only next visiting timing will be at 6pm. 

I was there around 4 plus pm, I still have about 1.5hr to 6pm so I went to the park to see people performing bubbles art and also went to McDonald's to have some drinks and relax for awhile.

It's 6pm and time to enter! The interior is turely stunning! Amazing and stunning is the only words I can use here! 


Sagrada Família is really a place to visit if it's your first time to Bacerlona!  

A class room found next to the church. So old school!

Back to Catalunya Plaza! It's my last night in Barcelona so time to go some 'serious' shopping! 


Heard that Zara is really super cheap in Barcelona and I have to say it is really so so so much cheaper! I manger to help my cousin get his stuff and also got myself a winter coat at €39.90 ( SG$64.30 ), a leather dress at €29.90 ( SG$48 ) and a studded clutch at €19.90 ( SG$32 )! 

After a great shopping, time for dinner! Again I'm too lazy to travel far for dinner so I decided to find a restaurant near my apartment and I found La Poma!
Fried chicken for starter! Looks normal but taste quite good! 

Operating Hours : 12pm to 1am

And the main course is a whole Pizza of my own! I have not had any piazza throughout my Europe trip yet so I decided to had one and I can believe I actually finish it all! Omg! There goes my diet plan again... Argh! 

Had a super full dinner and time to head back to pack my luggage! 
Good night Barcelona! 









No comments:

Post a Comment