Monday 27 October 2014

3 Day 2 Night Fishing trip at Malaysia

Day 1 :

It's been quite some years since my last fishing trip with my dad! Finally I manage to join him and his friend this time round.
Work up early to start our journey to avoid traffic jam at the custom. Once we reach Malaysia, JB, first place to go is  Kiang Kee Bak Kut Teh for our breakfast! They will always go to Kiang Kee Bak Kut Teh every time they go fishing. I seriously miss this bak kut teh so much! Very yummy ba kut teh and you can't get it from anywhere cause they only have this one and only outlet. I can say so far the best bak kut teh I had in malaysia!

They are located at : Batu 8 1/2, Jalan Mawai, Kota Tinggi, 81900 Johor. 
Please note that they are close on Monday and Tuesday.



I guess he is the boss of Kiang Kee Bak Kut Teh.







Pig liver.

Pig stomach soup!

Pig trotter!

Super yummy Ba Ku Teh! Very different from what we always eat in Singapore.



After a yummy breakfast, we continue our journey and reached Penyabong Jetty, Mersing not long after.



Going to take a 15 mins boat ride to the Kelong. 

Off we go!


That's the kelong we will be staying for 3 days 2 night. My dad and his friends always come to this kelong name +Ah Fatt Kelong Penyabong. I remembered that this kelong used to be located at Sibu, but then get to know that there is a kelong that collapsed at Sibu so they rest of the kelong either close down or they relocated themselves. Ah Fatt kelong is one of the 2 kelong that have relocated to Pantai Penyabong Mersing.

Price at Ah Fatt Kelong :
2 day 1 night - RM180 ( SG$70 ) for adult and RM100 ( SG$39 ) for kids age from 4 - 11,
3 day 2 night - RM280 for adult and RM150 for kids age from 4 - 11, 
4 days 3 night - RM380 for adult and RM200 for kids 4 - 11.
All prices include accommodation, wifi, breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper and BBQ, unlimited drinks like water, coffee and tea, biscuit, squid bait and 2 ways boat transfer fee.
For reservation or enquirers : call or whatapp to +6014 9881988 ( Kelly ) or visit their Facebook for more details and other activities that they provided.
 https://zh-cn.facebook.com/ahfatt.kelongfishing


Team work to bring up all their fishing equipment.

Not yet for checking in so here I went roaming around to take picture again.


This is our sleeping area. Thinking that everybody will have their own room? Nope! This is a kelong so everybody sleep "together". Kelong is not a place for people who only enjoy 4 stars hotel but for people who truly wants to enjoy the simpleness or wants to escape from the high rise building. Nobody here talks about work but just chit chat with random things. I get to hear a few interesting past of the uncles and aunties during this trips and I really enjoy myself. 

This is how the toilet and bathroom look like.


Since it's not time yet to check it, my dad decided to start fishing.


And I follow my dad to the underneath of the kelong to catch smaller fish so that he can use as baits to catch a bigger fish.



First ( tiny ) catch for the day! Haha! 


Little girl is there fishing too.

These can be use as baits to catch small fish! Trust me!

Balloon used for fishing too! How interesting to see how people fish with all type of interesting material.

The bees there indeed are big but they will not attack anyone unless one trying to attack them. I was quite scare at first but slowly got use to them flying around.

Jelly fish! 

Saw a jelly fish pass by while I am fishing.

Another catch from my dad! Not sure what fish is this but it's a very flat fish.


After 2hrs of fishing.

Bell rings! Every time we hear the bell rings and it means time for our meal!

Time for lunch!

Back to fishing after lunch! Caught this weird looking furry worms and my dad says it's poisonous  so we throw it back to the sea. 


Time pass fast and it's time for dinner! 

After dinner, went roaming around again...




Sun is setting!

More catch for today.

Enjoying my evening breeze while helping to look after my dad's fishing rod.

BBQ time! Chicken wings and hot dog provided so eat all you can but you need to BBQ yourself.


Not forgetting the supper too! Fried bee hoon and bo bo cha cha for supper. 


Opps! 2 fishing rod got tangle together so they are trying to untangle the fishing line.


Night catch...

Octopus! But caught by other group of people not us.

Catches of the day! I guess it's enough to catch some big fish tomorrow.


Day 2 :

Woke up with this view infront of me! Brushing my teeth with a beautiful view..


Bell rings! Breakfast time!


Enjoying my morning coffee and relax my morning away!

Chilling and discussing for their fishing trip later.


My dad's first catch for the day! Catch this big fish even before they go out for fishing.


Bell rings again and it's time for lunch! Sounds like school days right? Bell rings and it's recess time... Haha!


Crab! The crab taste soooooo good! My favorite dish of all!

My dad and his friends are getting ready to go out to the deeper sea to catch bigger fish! Good luck to them and I shall continue to laze around the kelong.


Off they go!

This is what I ended up doing without joining them for fishing! Movie + tea + beautiful scenery = Enjoying! 

Here goes the bell again and it's time for dinner! 




Beautiful sun set without any filter!


Breath-taking sun set! Our last sun set for this trip and I am sure I will miss this view a lot...

Oh no! Black out in the evening! I guess it's normal to have black out since we are in the middle of the sea and the generator are the only way to get our electricity. 

Even without any electricity, they still manage to play mahjong using the fishing lamp! How clever... Oh ya mahjong are free to rent from the kelong. 

The staff tried their best to fix the electricity as fast as they can and every thing is back to normal again. Since every thing is back to normal, it's the BBQ time!



And supper time! Curry noodle and green bean soup for today...

Back to his fishing again.



TV just right beside our bed but nobody seems to be watching it.

This is how we dry our clothes.

My entertainment for both night is to watch movie on my bed.


Day 3 :

Last breakfast at the kelong!

Holiday always pass so fast! Gonna say good bye to this view!

Saw other people caught quite a few big squid! Why didn't we get any??

Lunch before we head back home.


Bye~ Time to go home...


Back to this jetty again after a enjoyable kelong stay.


The saddest part of the whole trip is queuing up to be cleared at the Malaysia custom. :( 

Anyway, holiday ends and back to reality again! 

1 comment: