Thursday 23 April 2015

My Solo Taiwan Trip Day 3 : From Yang Ming Shan --> Jin Shan --> Dan Shui street --> Shilin Night Market

Day 3 :

Good morning! Heading somewhere away from the city today! 

Pass by this shop and saw this dog working with his owner by playing at the door. 
Love dog friendly country!

Ok, back to the main point... Breakfast time! Walk about 10 mins from my apartment to the famous breakfast place - Yong He Dou Jiang! 
This place is famous among locals and was often introduce on local TV program! 

Table was all fully taken when I reach there so I can only take away to eat somewhere else. 


This onigiri has pork chop, pork floss, egg, fried fritter ( you tiao ) in it and it's yummy! Actually this is my first time trying onigiri and soya bean drink from Yong He and they never disappoint me! Worth walking over to have it as my breakfast! Bought my breakfast and found a seats along the roadside to finish it before I head to the next destination.  

For those who want to know how to walk to Yong He Dou Jiang, here is the map. From Xi Men Station Exit 6, U-turn back from the exit and you will see a big party world infront of you. Do no cross towards the party world but turn to your left and walk straight until you see my favorite Mirada Departmental store, turn left in the small ally and you will be able to see Yong He Dou Jiang! 

Took the train to Taipei main station and walk over to the Taipei Bus Stop ( garden ) to take the bus 1717 to my next destination -Yang Ming San!

I was the first passenger but bus will not leave the bus stop until the time is up.
Bus journey to Yang Ming Shan - Zhu Zi Hu will take about 1 - 1.5hrs.

Found this website showing the live location and time of arrival of the bus 1717. The red and orange bus will move accordingly and it is very accurate. 

Finally I reach Zhu Zi Hu! What a nice place!


My main purpose of coming here is for the Callalily festival! I saw local TV program introducing this festival and since I have not seen a field of flower before so I decided to come here to experience it!

It's a Alice in the Wonderland theme festival.

Snap a picture of this map and start my calla field hunting!

Beautiful Calla!

Totally enjoying the nice weather, fresh air and beautiful scenery! 



Traveling alone means finding the way myself and I'm actually enjoying it! 

Heehee... It's a solo trip so bear with my selfie moment!

Pass by a bamboo forest!


Callalily for sales at the roadside!

Continue to walk and I guess I'm near already!


Here I'm at the first Callalily field! So beautiful! Worth my time finding my way here! ( picture unfiltered! )










Nice whether!  

We can actually ask the field owner to let us into the field to pluck the Calla and bring back home at NT10 (= SG$0.40) each. 



Second Calla field and I decided to walk in but I didn't pluck any because I can't bring back to Singapore anyway. Lots of local are enjoying themselves plucking flower while I am enjoying my selfie moment! Haha!

Got to go to my next destination so I decided to stop at the second Callalily field and walk back to the bus stop that I initially alight at first. Took back the same bus 1717 and head to Jin Shan.

Reach Jin Shan after another 1 hr bus ride. Took 863 and alight at Peng Shui Mi Chang. Wondering where am I going?

I can see the beautiful sea along the way to my main destination of coming Jin Shan. 

Ta da! This is my main purpose of coming to Jin Shan! I wanted to come this cafe for the longest time but didn't manage to come in my previous trips.
This Young Door Cafe is in white and blue colour, and is located along by the sea, so it really gives people a feel that we are not in Taiwan but in Santorini!


Quite crowded even it's a weekday and in the afternoon so I did't get to sit at the semi outdoor area to enjoy the full sea view!

So tempted to try many of their coffee but since I'm alone so I can only order one coffee and not forgetting to get one waffle as my late lunch! 

My coffee latte!

My mix flavor waffle! This is what happen when you do not know which flavor to choose from! Haha! Anyway the waffle taste better then I expected!

Ice water drip coffee looks so good! Argh.... I regret not having this too!

Finally there is table available outside so I move all my things over and enjoy my afternoon with my coffee, waffle, sea view and research on my next coming trip!

The cafe is slightly lesser crowded when I'm leaving so I quickly took a picture of the interior of the cafe.


Another outdoor seating area but is fully occupied as well when I first arrive.


A corner of the cafe where people like to take picture at. If the wall is whiter I guess the Santorini feel of this stairs will be stronger but too bad... it's normal be dirty if a lot of people visit the cafe...

Heading back to Taipei city by taking the same bus 867 at the same bus stop that I alight just now.

Sun setting soon...

And so... bus 867 final stop will be Dan Shui Subway station.

Since I'm already at Dan Shui so I decided to walk over to the Dan Shui Old Street which is towards Zhong Zheng road to shop around. Went there before but no harm going again.



Pretty crowded at Dan Shui Old Street in the evening time!


Next after Dan Shui Old Street, I took the train to Shilin Night Market to hunt for my dinner!

Shilin night market! As crowded as always!

The special about Shilin Night market is for this moment you will see push cart in the middle of the road...

But the next moment they will disappear within a few seconds! 

And of course is because if this person here! Haha!
 I had a culture shock when I first came to Taipei 6 years ago but now I'm kinda use to it already! So when I want to see something from the push cart I have to browse very quickly!

Dinner time! But everywhere is having long queue! Wanted to try this pancake but the queue is too long and I'm too hungry to wait too... Next time I will come back to queue when I'm not that hungry!

Doggie waiting for his owner ( the lady in the blue jeans ) without being leash! Clever dog!

I finally found this stall! I had their cha siew bao last year august during my previous Taiwan trip and I've been missing it since then!

Omg... the bun is still as yummy as before! I'm so afraid that I couldn't find them but luckily I found! 

Standing by the side to finish my two bao and saw this uncle very focusing watching a very old movie that is showing at the public theater at one of the temple. I stood there to watch the movie and enjoying my bao too! 


Walk to another side of the night market to buy something.

Yup! This is the famous Jiang Mu Cha ( black sugar ginger tea ) that I always buy back for my family and friends. I myself don't drink ginger tea but apparently many people told me among all the different brand of black sugar ginger tea I bought before this yellow signboard brand sells the nicest ginger tea. They sell other black sugar drinks as well so this is also one of my main purpose of coming to Shilin night market! 

Pass by a Taiwan sausages stall and the smell stop me from just walking pass them! So I bought a small pack to enjoy!  


Many cute doggie shopping at the night market too!

Took a cab back to my apartment because of the multiple packs of black sugar drinks! Anyway end of day 3 and good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment