Wednesday 11 November 2015

Solo Europe Trip Day 12 - Athens : Acropolis -> Olympian Zeus -> Odeon of Herodes Atticus -> Monastika -> Ermou Street

Day 12 :


 Good morning Santorini! 

Can't believe this is my second but also last breakfast with this amazingly awesome and speechless view! I will definitely miss this place very very very much! ( you can guess how much I love this place right? )

There is some time before I leave for the airport so I went to take a picture of the famous blue dome again. This gonna be my phone and desktop wallpaper permanently! No filter for this picture! ( and basically I seldom do filter my photos... Too much work for that... Haha! )
Before I left, Rene actually came over to say good bye to me! I really hope I can come back and also go back to her apartment in near future! 
And so the porter came to carry my luggage up the stairs to the bus station. I didn't get his name but he was so nice that he actually waited with me till my car comes. 

 
Love this picture! ( not shy... haha! )
 Took my transfer to the Santorini airport and ready to say bye to Santorini!





This time round I'm taking the Aegean airline to Athens! This is a budget flight but they still provide free croissant and sweet. It's a 45 mins flight and this croissant will be treated as my lunch.
This air stewardess sure has the most unhappy face ( Singaporean call it 'black face' ) I ever seen on a flight ( all airline I took ). She so called smile (or maybe not? ) a bit in the picture cause she caught me taking picture of her and she was using her finger to ask me not to take picture. I wanted to take a picture of how her face is like but too bad she caught me...


 Landed and finding my way to to train station but with all the signboard it's quite easy.


Took train from the airport and the train fares is €8 ( SG$12.90 ) per way.
I had a hard time looking for the apartment not because they instructions given by the host is not clear but is because the road sign is way too small to be seen! I spend like almost 1 hr walking ( including walking the wrong way ) which actually it will takes only 10 mins to reach from the train station to my apartment! My host, Areti still called up to check where I am because I'm late for the meeting time but she wasn't angry at all when I told her I lost my way and she patiently waited for me at home.
Check the room at : 
 Ta da! Here's my apartment for a night! I pay $67 for a night and I didn't expect the apartment to be this big! 
Anyway this is the living room.
The bed room.
 The toilet.
 The kitchen.

The host, Areti is so nice to leave some information of Athens for me! There is information of restaurant, place of interest and even train timing!
I could see the Acropolis of Athens from the apartment balcony! Anyway off I rush to the Acropolis as they are closing at 8pm and last entrance at 7.30pm.

Operating Hours : 8am to 7.30pm, 11am to 7.30pm On Mon ( Apr to Oct )
8.30am to 3pm ( Nov to Mar )
Address :  Acropolis of Athens, Athens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, Greece

 Reached the Temple of Olympian Zeus and they told me they are closing so I can go in for free for the next 20 mins but Acropolis is already close so I can't go in anymore! So sad! The website is not true!

Operating Hours : 8am to 7.30pm ( Apr to Oct )
8.30am to 3pm ( Nov to Mar )
Address : Temple of Olympian Zeus, Athens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, Greece
I can only see the Acropolis from the foot of it.
Still manage to see the Odeon of Herodes Atticus ( by standing outside ) although it's already close.

Operating Hours : 8am to 8pm ( Last Admission at 7.30pm )
Address :  Areopagitou Dionisiou, Athina 105 55, Greece
 Took train to Syntagma Square and thinking of having my dinner along the Monastika.



Saw the Greek Parliament house opposite with a lot of people standing there so I though I shall walk over and have a look too. Without knowing what am I waiting for, just being KPO ( busybody ), I actually manage to watch the soldiers changing their shift! My second one after the one in London! Honestly they have the weirdest way of marching and every steps is like in a slow motion mode! Their leg really have to kick to 90 degree straight ( exactly how it shows in the picture ) in a slow motion way! Seems like it's a the most tiring way to do marching!

Before the changing shift ends, we heard people doing protest on the street just next to the parliament house! It seems to be very common thing in Athens. I saw on TV that they have a lot of protest every now and then.


Went into Ermou street which is also their shopping street.
Lots of brands here!
 Pass by the Monastiraki flea market but too many people so I'm not going in there! This place is famous for being pickpocket too!
Had my dinner at this restaurant call Bairaktaris , as I really want to try their traditional food gyros. Nice and clean place with friendly staff and most importantly they can speak English!

Operating Hours : 24 Hrs
Address :  Pl. Monastirakiou 5, Athina 105 55, Greece
Website :  http://www.bestofrestaurants.gr/attiki/athina/sites/restaurants/mpairaktaris/?l=en
Cheese pie! Nice! It's with goat cheese in to.
 Personally the gyros is nice but too oily to finish the whole plate!
 Dessert on the house but I totally have no idea what is this and the taste is so weird! Haha! I guess is their traditional dessert but not something that everyone will appreciate. 


Back to the station and back to the apartment. 
The Acropolis at night!

Anyway good night! 
Gonna wake up real early for an early fight to my next destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment