Sunday 21 February 2016

Taiwan 2016 Day 1 & 2 : Xi Men Ding -> Toilet Restaurant -> Jiu fen ->Keelung -> Keelung Night Market

Day 1:


Holiday time! Back to my second "hometown" and bringing my mum and aunt along this time round.

Breakfast at the airport while waiting for my aunt to come. 

In flight meal time.

I can only enjoy ice cream with some movie if I take singapore airline! My first time taking SQ to Taiwan because its expensive when there is no promotion and even promotion is still more expensive then budget airline. Anyway I wanna let my mum travel more comfortably so no choice... Haha!

Here we reach Taoyuan Intetnational airport!

Terminal 2 is very different from the Terminal 1 that I usually arrive at, so I need to find the counter for the phone card. Finally I saw a very small counter at almost the end of the airport. That direction is also the way to the bus station.

Didn't capture the price in English version but anyway it's NT350 for 5 days, unlimited 3G data ( they said their 4G is not good ) and if you need to call out, just ask them to top up the card at minimum NT150.
Not only the counter ( T1 had a 4 times bigger counter ) is different from T1, even the sim card they sell is different. Normally in T1, the SIM card I buy includes the data and calling. 

The bus station will be at the very end of the airport after the SIM card counter. 

Go to counter 6 to get my ubus tickets to Taoyuan high speed railway station. Tickets are at NT30 per adult.



Took the bus to Taoyuan High Speed Railway Station which takes about 20 mins to reach.


And took high speed railway to Taipei main station. Reserved ( with seats allocation ) tickets are at NT160 per adult.


How can I miss out my favorite drinks whenever I step into the land of Taiwan right?

Off we go and Taipei here we are coming!

Took the subway to Xi Men station and check in to our apartment. The apartment is about 5 mins walk from Ci Men station exit 6.

Ta da! Here's our apartment! This is the living room,

Kitchen area,

Bedroom at level 1,

The bathroom,

Bedroom at the 2 level.

It's a good size of apartment for 3-4 person. Most importantly it's clean! Everything is good but the only thing is that the apartment do not have any cutlery but since it's not a must for us so we didn't call the host to bring over.

View outside our balcony and there is washing machine for us to wash our clothes too.


It's my mum and aunt's first time to Taiwan so I decided to bring them to some interesting place for dinner! Since we are at Xi Men Ding, I decided to bring them to the famous toilet themed restaurant! You can totally imagine their reaction when they hear it. Haha!






Before they go in, their reaction is 'eeeeeeeeee yucks!' But when they go in, they find everything there is cute too!

Honey citron drinks in a toilet bowl...

Haha! And my bubble tea in a urinal!



Chesse and ham pork cutlet in the toilet bowl...


Chicken chop using a basin...

And steamboat using the toilet bowl as well.
Food wasn't bad here but not those fantastic taste that will make you 'wow' of course. We can call it a IG purpose meal?


My ice cream looks... A bit... Ahem.. Haha! 

This is not a toilet but a basin to wash your hand!


Ah Mao ( 阿毛 ) is the most famous dog in Xi Min Ding I guess. I always see him and the other dog station at the Ah Mao restuarant. But the sign board says that Ah Mao is not in good mood today so better don't pat him.

The night is still young! So crowded! This is why I like to stay in Xi Men Ding because I will never feel bored at night.

Street performance in the middle of the street!

Walk around a bit and of course to visit my 'must' shop department store, Mirada! Bought quite a far but of things. We have been traveling around the whole day so we decided to head back to the apartment and call it a day.

Bought a sticker of the subway map to paste on my Easy card. This makes travel easier for me too!

Wefie with my mum while resting and slacking in the apartment!
Good night!


Day 2 :

Good morning! 


Since it's their first time here, how can I not bring them to my favorite breakfast place right? Yes! It's the Ah Zhong mee sua time again!


Yummy! Although it look so normal but I just can't find any other mee sua that can taste better than this. Even my mum says it's nice! 


Took the train to Taipei main station and took the Taiwan Railway to 瑞芳 ( Ruifang ) station. Bought the train tickets at NT ( SG$2.10 ) each but I didn't know we can actually use the easy card to take the train too. 

Off we go and with my favourite drinks again!

First time seeing the Train attendance checking our train tickets. 

Got myself a chop from the train attendance.

Reach Ruifang station. Walk along the tunnel towards the west exit.


We are going to take bus from the Ruifang station to 九分 ( Jiufen ).
This is how to walk to the bus stop :
Walk out from the Ruifang station, saw the Allwell supermarket just opposite, turn to the left ( yellow arrow ) and walk until you see a police station/ headquarter on your right and cross over to the station.

The bus station is just beside the police station.

We are heading to jiu fen so we will be taking the 基隆客运, bus number 856.


Reach Jiu fen! The cloud is covering the view in Jiu fen.



My mum looking for some cute gift for her colleagues and my aunties.


As usual, it's always crowded!


Many vintage food stall along the street.






Wild boar sausage is my 'must have' here! Yummy!



My another 'must have' food is this BBQ mushroom! The only BBQ mushroom stall there located at the corner turn area ( above picture ).


Tea leaves egg! Look at how friendly and joyful the lady are!

Time for some sour Plam soup. It's actually a kind of drinks and not really like those soup we cook at home. 

Guess where this stairs beside 小师傅 ( Xiao Shi Fu ) lead us to?


Continue walking up the stairs..


Welcomed by this cutie!

Yes! Finally! We are actually here for the famous 阿柑姨芋圆 ( Ah Gan Yi yam ball dessert )! Came here once and found it nice even though I don't eat yam so decided to bring them over to try it.

As usual... Crowded...


The window seats with the misty view. The view was great if it is not so misty.

We had the long gan with yam ball! Yummy!

In this place, people don't eat and just leave everything there on the table to wait for the staff to clear like how normally people does in Singapore. Here, you have to clear your own rubbish and put the bowl aside for them to throw as recycle material. 

Walking back down and pass by this vintage shop. After so many years this shop is still here! 


The shops sells all the old school snacks which some only my mum and aunt see before.

Walk back to the ground level and time for our lunch! Since the first restaurant we saw once we come down, we decided to have a try at the 小师傅.

The interior are filled with different countries flag and that including Singapore flag right behind the cashier counter!

Xiao long bao!

Their chicken are very different with the singapore hananiess chicken. Taste not bad I still prefer ours! 


Here we are at the famous tea house that was feature in the Japanese animation, Spirited away!

People who watch the animation will purposely drop by to take picture with the tea house. 


Walk down the long stairs to the bus stop. 

Some unique shops along the stairs to the bus stop too. 



There I go again... Taking pictures of dogs!

Went into the ceramic shop and my mum got one for our house.  

Saw this big cat and which mean we are reaching the bus stop already. 

Bus stop is just opposite the Jiu fen police station.

Heading to 基隆 ( Keelung ) and there is direct bus from Jiu fen. 

Bus 788 towards Keelung and it's the last station. 



Keelung is the sea port area so many seafood here too. 

Walk over to the famous ( 庙口 ) Miao Kou night market. It is actually my first time to Keelung even though I've been to Taiwan for so many times!



Soooooo many food stall to choose from! Not sure what should we have for dinner so we went shopping first before settle down for dinner.



Grab some sweet potato pancake to try, but not to my liking. Haha!

We decided to have some seafood for our dinner since Keelung is near the sea port.



 
Ordered something and it was served like that! Guess what's that?


Ta da! Hot stone prawn!

Had some crab too but the size is so small compared to the one we always eat in Singapore. 

Woohoo! Abalone! 

But of course a small size abalone. Haha! 

Bake scallop! Not bad but too much onion! 

Food is ok only, maybe is the way they cook the seafood is not to our liking.


Dessert time! The dessert store is just next to the seafood stall. The staff recommended their signature ice to my mum and we all got shock when it was served! Such a big bowl! 

The port at night. 

Walking to the train station to take train back to the Taipei.

The locals told me that it is very far to walk from the night market to the train station but we thought that since we are very full, we shall walk over to digest our food. Actually it is not far, I guess the locals just don't like to walk. Haha.

Back to Xi Men Ding and it is still so crowed. The night is still young every night in Xi Men Ding! 

Got ourselves some bubble tea from coco which is along the way to our apartment.Yummy! 

Coco's bubble tea is one of the cheapest bubble tea in Xi Men Ding. Nice and good! 

Bought maggi for our supper and not forgetting the hot pearl milk tea! Yes you didn't see wrongly, it's hot pearl milk tea which we do not have in Singapore ( anyway who will want it hot in the hot Singapore right? )! Cold weather with hot and chewy pearl milk tea is just so awesome! 
Having bubble tea with Taiwan bowl noodle is a must whenever I'm in Taiwan!  

Oh... I miss this so much! 
After a yummy supper, time to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment